IELTS — Your Ticket to the World
IELTS is the most popular and trusted English proficiency certificate. It is accepted by many organizations and nations in the world. If you are here, this is your very first step of reaching your desired IELTS target.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is an acronymof “International English Language Testing System”. It is the world’s most well-known and prestigious English Language proficiency test for global education and migration
IELTS evaluates all the four skills of learners, including reading, speaking, writing and listening. The final score of IELTS reflects how the examinee will be able to use English in real life
What is the IELTS 9-band Scale?
For each of four skills (reading, speaking, listening, writing), examinee will be given a score from 0 (the lowest) to 9 (the highest). The scale can be identifies as below*:
The test taker did not answer the questions.
The test taker has no ability to use the language except a few isolated words.
Grant difficulty understanding spoken and written English.
Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdown in communication
Limited basic competence and frequency shows problems in understanding and expression.
Partial command of the language and coping with overall meaning in most situations, although they are likely to make many mistakes.
Effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. Fair understanding of complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
Operational command of the languages, though with occasional inaccuacies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings in some situations.
Fully operational command of the language with only accasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriate usage.
Fully operational command of the language with appropriate , accurate, fluent use of English and shows complete understanding.
Why is IELTS Essential?
IELTS is undoubtedly a must-have ticket to open doors around the world. Some of the advantages include:
IELTS certificate is required by over 9,000 organizations in more than 135 countries.
Useful for all needs
IELTS can be used as language proficiency evidence for education, immigration and professional purposes.
IELTS applies strict criteria to each test, which means that the result will precisely reflect learners’ English levels.
Various types based on learners’ needs
IELTS General, IELTS Academic and IELTS Life Skills.
What Types of IELTS Test to Choose?
There are 3 types of IELTS Tests which are suitable for various personal needs.
– IELTS GENERAL includes Academic Module and General Training Module (not offered at all test administrations).
– IELTS Academic Test is for people who intend to study at university at undergraduate or postgraduate level, or join a professional organisation in an English-speaking country.
– IELTS General Training Test is applied for people who intend to study at below degree level, work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country, and emigrate to an English-speaking country.
– IELTS for UKVI is a UK government-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT).
– For candidates who intend to study in the UK below degree level, especially those who will need Pre-Sessional English or additional year of Foundation Study.
– The score can be used to prove your English language abilities in support of a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application.
– IELTS Life Skills is required to prove your English proficiency at Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
– An IELTS Life Skills score can be used in support of an application for a UK family visa or settlement, such as levels A1 (For Family, Spouse or Partner visa) or B1(For Citizenship/Settlement visa).
– The test only includes the Listening and Speaking parts
All Necessary Information About IELTS Preparation Is Included in This E-Book. Get It Now!
Fill out the form to download the ebook.